An enterprise for the sake of simplicity can be defined as a company, business, organization, or other purposeful endeavors.
Tools for building a lasting enterprise:
- Love the idea or the desire to start a business and passionately nurture it.
- Seek Counsel: because running a successful business isn’t about money only; understanding the art and act of the business is cogent.
- Clarify The Vision: If you don’t do this, someone will do it on your behalf, and that may set the idea of course.
- Register or Copyright the idea(business) with government via Corporate Affairs Commission(CAC) or Nigeria Copyright Commission(NCC); depending on what you want to venture in.
- Build Up Team: Business and life could be very frustrating when you are the alpha and the omega of it, more so, it could as well be devastating when you get the wrong people into the team. Be a wise builder; working with the right people works wonder.
- Share the clarified idea with your team. Note, you are not superior to those in your team. As a matter of fact, they are superior to you. Since you need them more than how they need you. They can survive without your idea, but your idea or vision may not be able to survive without them.
- Strategize and put brilliant tactics in place for the outworking of the idea with your team
- Understand the time and season of the business, Make hay while the sun shines.
- Get on the field: Give life to your idea, if it’s a business, start it! If it’s an NGO, float it! and if it’s a ministry waist no time, bless the world.
- Understand and embrace the ‘G’ factor–God factor “Unless the LORD builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the LORD protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good.” ~Psalm 127:1
- Have faith!
- Celebrate every success with your team.
The only substitute to reading is listening. Reading is leading! If you must flourish in that business, you must be willing to exchange resources for knowledge, or get the knowledge yourself.
©’PELUMI folarin, August. 2015.